Saturday, September 19, 2009

Donna's Sloppy Joes



Not a single person in my house would touch a sloppy joe until my friend Donna brought these over. They are DEELISH!! I usually freeze my leftover meat for those busy nights when I don't have enough time to get dinner made so I can just pop it out of the freezer and serve on buns or slices of bread.

1 lb. ground beef, cooked
1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. water
2 TBSP. brown sugar
2 tsp. worcestershire sauce {why couldn't they shorten that name?}
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 hamburger buns, split {you'll only want to split your buns because this is a hearty sandwich and you get full off a half}
cheese slices

* Stir ketchup, beef, water, br. sugar, worcestershire, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve on buns. Broil with cheese for 3 minutes.

No comments: